* Striking contrast seamed stockings with a pure black seam on champagne leg
* Full contrast with back foot, seam and welt to ensure you stand out in the vintage crowd
* Tip - the neutral coloured leg disguises any little hitches meaning you get a lot more wear than with plain black seamed stockings. Perfect for if you're thrifty, but love black seams.
* Manufactured from sheer 15 denier nylon in Italy, the heart of quality hosiery manufacturing
* Made from a blend of stretch nylon and elastane for a comfortable fit
*Fabric Composition 87% Nylon, 10% Elastane, 3% Polypropylene
Our champagne with black seam stockings are one of our most popular styles and it's easy to see why.
Plain black seamed stockings remain iconic, but a black seam on a neutral leg is extremely versatile and, dare we say it, thrifty. The neutral leg disguises any hitches you might get after a few wears which means unlike black stockings which show every tiny defect, you can wear these nylons until the very end yet still looked perfectly polished.
Are contrast seams authentic to the 1950s? They were certainly made during the heyday of stocking manufacturing but tended to be extremely expensive and reserved for evening wear. This didn't stop the wardrobe department of Agent Peggy Carter using these nylons for Peggy in the TV series as they felt that she would have been more adventurous when it came to fashion than the average woman - and we hope you will be too! Have fun.
Ordered online after struggling to find stockings (not stay ups) in retail stores.
I am 165cm (5ft 5in) and 72kg (158 pounds) and I bought the M/L.
The fit and feel is amazing. I will be buying all the colourways.
Salsa Mccans, 18 Oct 2016
Great stockings, you can never have enough of! For a authentic 50ies look unanbearable!
jimsbabe, 09 Oct 2016
In order to leave a review you must login to your What Katie Did account. Click the button below to go to the login page.
Please note: if you do not have an account you can create one from the same link.