* Authentic 1940's style bra with modern fit and comfort in peach satin
* Art deco style stitching on the cups with vintage faggot stitching on the vertical seam of the cup
* Adjustable straps, and a 2 row, 3 column hook fastening
* The band is non stretch but has a small section of elastic at the back for comfortable fit
* Made from satin 100% polyester, matches with our CC09 French Knickers
This stunning bra gives an authentic 1940s shape to the bust - somewhat pointy, but not nearly so much as a bullet bra.
A lot of our customers are 1940s fashion enthusiasts, but because bra design was really in its infancy then, it was rather hard for us to produce an period perfect Forties bra that would stand up to modern requirements of fit and comfort.
Although bras were first introduced in the early 20th Century, it wasn't until the late 1930s that the concept of cup sizes was introduced. Even then, some lingerie manufacturers didn't offer different cup sizes until the 1950s! We solved this problem by taking a WWII-era pattern and wielding our expertise to grade additional cup sizes.
The result is the CC09 bra, which is faithful to the original in shape and design, but will fit the 21st Century girl! The delicate peach satin also coordinates with that of our Harlow and Glamour ranges, meaning you can mix and match to your heart's content!