Digital TV Switchover

Cats, Delia Smith and all!

Moderators: WKD Hollywood, pettythief, WKDsophia, London Boutique, WKD Despatch, Kate

Digital TV Switchover

Postby hair38 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 07:38

Here in London we have started the change to digital TV.Last week was day one and I have retuned ,and will have to do the same again soon.Easy to do.

What I find weird with it all is on different days I get different chanels of varying quality .There is no consistency to any of it.In the old days if the picture went funny you had to shove the coat hanger back in or twiddle the arial on the top of the TV .

I may have to get a new arial fitted but I will wait to see what happens when the switch over has completed for London. I recon itis all a plot to sell more Tv's , arials etc.
hair38

Postby PussyBoots » Sat Apr 07, 2012 09:19

Looking at the map http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/when_do_i_switch pretty much the entire rest of the country has already switched. I have virgin so didn't notice a difference because I was already on digital. Hopefully things settle down for you soon.
http://www.kitschkitten.com

Vintage inspired kitsch jewellery.
PussyBoots

Postby Footloose » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:47

We converted to digital quite a while ago here in the middle of England.

The picture and sound quality are certainly a lot better, but it seems a lot slower to start up and to change channels now with digital than it did with the old analogue signal.
Footloose

Re: Digital TV Switchover

Postby London Boutique » Thu Apr 12, 2012 14:39

Our main tv is through Virgin so that is fine, but we have a couple which arent & they have been really annoying! I feel the same as Hair 38, the pictures arent consistent & we have even lost a few channels recently! I am not technical at all so I just put my box sets on & forget about the tv side of things!!!
Vicky x
Beware of expensive imitations: What Katie Did are innovators not imitators.
London Boutique
Site Admin

Postby hair38 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 19:40

We have had the final switchover day here in London. I re-tuned my magic box under the TV and I have lots of clear sharp pictures on different channels , possibly too many chanels :D . There appear to be lots of shopping channels . Not sure how long it will last , time will tell , also it may not work in the rain . :roll:
hair38

Postby Footloose » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:06

Did you need to get the new aerial like you thought that you might?
A lot of people have got themselves a new one for the digital TV changeover whether they needed a new one or not.
The old one I had works fine with it here.
Footloose

Postby hair38 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 19:19

It has now been about two weeks or so since the final change over day and I still have loads of chanels coming through crisp and clear :D . I am using the arial that has been on the roof since Imoved in here 17 years ago. I hope it continues to work .
The FM radio is now a bit bad on occasions , and I listen to that a lot . Perhaps I will have to send the cat up a ladder after all.
hair38

Return to Off Topic