* Our factory will be doing their best to send a new shipment of girdles to arrive before 20th December. It's not guaranteed, so keep your fingers crossed!
* Accentuate your curves in decadent vintage style with our Bizarre Girdle
* Inspired by a mid 20th century French design
* Medium control power mesh to trim your tummy, hips and derriere
* Hook and eye fastening at front for ease of wear
* Concealed metal spiral steel boning under tummy panel
* 6 metal clip suspenders keeping your nylons in place
* Made from satin 100% polyester, powermesh 88% polyamide 12% spandex
This beautifully intricate girdle was inspired by a vintage French piece that Katie found in London's Spitalfield's market. Alas, like many vintage pieces the elastic had perished making it unwearable, so we got to work in our atelier to design a new, updated version.
The French fashion industry was not effected so much by rationing during WWII as we were in the UK, which means that their designs were far more detailed than ours in the 1940s and early 1950s.
Like many girdles of the 1940s and 1950s our Bizarre Girdle finishes 2 inches above your natural waist. We've added a little boning at the back of the waist to prevent it from rolling. Another common feature of vintage girdles is concealed spiral steel boning in the tummy panel, another feature we kept, to keep the girdle as period correct as possible.
There is a hook and eye fastening at the front which allows you to easily step into the girdle and do it up without too much wiggling. We have made this girdle true to modern sizing, so expect it to fit in line with our other pieces.
Team with our circle stitch Bizarre Bra to create an authentic looking couture, mid century, lingerie set.
What Katie Did uses boutique brand sizing. Order your usual pencil skirt/trouser size.
Dress Size 10 - 25"/62.5cm waist, 35"/87.5cm hip
Dress Size 12 - 27"/67.5cm waist, 37"/92.5cm hip
Dress Size 14 - 29"/72.5cm waist, 39"/97.5cm hip
Dress Size 16 - 31"/77.5cm waist, 41"/102.5cm hip
Dress Size 18 - 33"/84cm waist, 43"/107.5cm hip
In order to leave a review you must login to your What Katie Did account. Click the button below to go to the login page.
Please note: if you do not have an account you can create one from the same link.